Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSC
    replied
    I agree with the recommendations above. I have used James for a couple of years. Initially to do an annual clean and polish, and now to do it monthly. I also have Coppercoat, and I have swapped one of my monthly cleans for a waterline scrub. It would be interesting to hear other views on Coppercoat. I had it lifted and lightly sanded the first year, but I haven't done it for the last two years. It looks fine apart from the waterline, and James' work cleaned that off.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Morrow
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Stacey - I'll give them a try. Two votes for the same firm is a good recommendation.

• Steve Morrow
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Vince - have just read some articles. I'll take your advice an do this at the end of next season for sure. Now we're in Tier5 Lockdown it's going to be hard to get to the boat and the oil is going to be cold and thick. New to boat ownership and learning all the time - appreciate your advice. Thank you.

• Coastgal
    replied
    Totally agree - James at JDK Marine is very good. He’s polished our blue hulled boat over the past couple of years and did a brilliant job.
    Also does a monthly wash to keep it clean (definitely needed during lockdown since we couldn’t get down to the boat.)

https://www.jdkmarine.co.uk/
    +44 7932 223482

Stacey

Leave a comment:

• VinceF
    replied
    You should really get your engine at the end of the season as not good to leave dirty oil sitting in the engine over the winter. If you google this you will find out why.

Leave a comment:

• WKoW
    replied
    For polishing we use and are very happy with James at: https://www.jdkmarine.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Steve Morrow
    started a topic Boat Polishing Recommendation - Hamble?

Boat Polishing Recommendation - Hamble?

Hi. Looking for some advice. My Hanse 385 is on the side at Hamble Point (usually at Mercury). Quite happy with the arrangement.
    I'm interested to get any first hand recommendation for someone to polish the boat before it goes back in the water in March.
    I may also need someone to reactivate the copper coat.
    Appreciate any recommendation. I'm a newbie to boat ownership and trying to learn fast.
    Also recommendation for Volvo Penta engineers because I'll have a service before the new season. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X