Electricity Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity Costs

As we welcome in the New Year, MDL take the opportunity to send out invoices for shore power on the pontoons Be aware despite the huge size of MDL and its parent company the electricity supplied ‘at cost’ will be at least 25% more than your electricity cost at home!
    Maybe now is the time to buy that wind generator or solar panel you have been thinking about!
    Last edited by MikeB; 01-02-2021, 06:13 PM.

Hiya Mike as you know domestic rates are different to rates provided to the marinas and we generally get very competitive pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by ForumAdmin View Post
      Hiya Mike as you know domestic rates are different to rates provided to the marinas and we generally get very competitive pricing.
      Different, yes. Surely the point is that one would expect domestic rates to be higher than those available to a bulk customer like MDL?

Comment

Originally posted by WKoW View Post

Different, yes. Surely the point is that one would expect domestic rates to be higher than those available to a bulk customer like MDL?
        Hi Mike, these are commercial rates and cannot be compared to domestic rates. Further, they are variable and so will fluctuate. Berth holders do get the advantage of our strong balance sheet for the group as a whole and other large energy buying entities in the group meaning that we get better rates.

Comment

Tim, the buying power of the entire Yattendon Group should easily be able to negotiate better than domestic rate for electricity, when I had my own business my commercial rate was 25% less than my domestic cost even when smoothing all the costs including max demand charges etc. May I suggest you go back to whoever and ask that each Marina negotiate their own deal - as happened before and we as customers got a far better deal than the Yattendon one.

Comment

As said and as suggested by yourself YG handle the buying of electricity. This gives us better rates then we would get on a marina by marina basis.

Comment

I provide commercial electricity from renewable sources, where one might be paying 22p for domestic electricity we can provide MDL with a Commercial Power Purchase Agreement providing them fixed costs for 10 years. get in touch! at aroud 10 -12 pence per kWh, in a group purchase. GET IN TOUCH

Comment

I don't know how much will it cost?

Comment

Working...
                X